Monday, October 14, 2013

Proposals and Laundry and Deadlines, Oh My!

Some weeks in this life are particularly more trying than others.  One week things might go as smoothly as can be expected but don't misunderstand - that's still pretty much chaos in an organized fashion.  This week I am going to try, in detail to blog my days as they occur.

5:30 AM Alarm
6:30 AM Hair and Make up
7:15 AM Out the door (Tallis and Al are staying home today for Columbus Day)
7:40 AM Arrive at work but have already been on the phone for 20 minutes
8:00 AM Call to escalate an issue that happened systemically over the weekend
8:30 AM Checking email and completing some left over tasks from the weekend that I didn't finish
9:30 AM Meeting cancelled switched gears
10:00 AM Strategy on cost effectiveness
11:00 AM Wring some necks with a vendor about not getting back to me in a timely manner
11:05 PM Quick Phone Conf on Alfonso Todd and Associates Matter
12:00 PM Strategic planning for Continuous Process Improvement - Everything can and will be improved!
1:00 PM Team Meeting Weekly with my managers - they wish I would have cancelled today like I frequently have to - they got far more work than they bargained for when they showed up in my office today...
2:00 PM Meeting with Alfonso Todd & Associates
2:30 PM RFP follow up meeting
3:00 PM Continuous Process Improvement Project Meeting
4:00 PM Staff Meeting with Boss - got 2 new projects - yay ME!
5:00 PM Head home
5:30 PM Start dinner
6:00 PM Finishing touches on presentation to send to the Printer for Alfonso Todd & Associates and eat dinner while working with Alfonso on presentation
6:30 PM Return 3 work phone calls I missed from 530 - 630
7:00 PM Daddy heads to the printer and I put wee one in the tub and change the sheets on her bed... only as I am getting her undressed I remember that I forgot to remind Alfonso to pick up the Laundry! I dart down stairs - toddler right behind me half naked and run outside and catch him in the drive way... in hindsight, I could have called him - but nope running was the preferred method of communication :)
7:15 PM Clean up dinner dishes/clean kitchen
7:45 PM Reading time - well she read to ME tonight - she was "Teacher" and I had to "shhh be quiet and listen"
8:30 PM Start working on a project for work that is due tomorrow that is a work in progress
8:45 PM Put the wee one to bed, pick out clothes for tomorrow's 5AM start
9:00 PM Continue working on the project due tomorrow - almost there....
9:30 PM Forcing myself to go to bed as tomorrow is a super long day again....

This is the revival of this blog, and this is a day in the life of me... welcome to my LUE!

Here is my family <3

No comments:

Post a Comment